- Binding : Paperback / softback
- Number of Pages : 176
- Publisher : Penguin Classics
- Publication Date : 2019-04-04
- Weight : 134g
- Product Code : 9780241386705
- Dimension : 198 x 129 x 10 mm
Yukio Mishima was born in 1925 in Tokyo, and is considered one of the Japan's most important writers. His books broke social boundaries and taboos at a time when Japan found itself in a state of rapid social change. His interests, besides writing, included body-building, acting and practising as a Samurai. In 1970 he attempted to start a military coup, which failed. Upon realizing this, Mishima performed seppuku, a ritual suicide, upon himself. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize for literature three times.